|New Books||14 days|
|Fiction and Non Fiction Books||14 days|
|Adult Non Fiction DVDs||14 days|
|Adult Feature Films DVDs & Blu-rays||7 days|
|Children’s DVDs & Blu-rays||7 days|
|Video Games||7 days|
- Items coming from other libraries may have different lending periods
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if $50.00 or more is owed
- Computer privileges will be suspended if $50.00 or more is owed
Create a Password
With your library card and a password you can renew materials you already have checked out on your card from any computer.
Additionally, you may request to reserve items, check pending reserves and request inter-library loans through the Library Catalog.
Follow these quick steps and get started today:
- Click here to bring you to your Patron Record link
- Enter your BARCODE from the back of your library card and type in a 6-8 digit password of your choice (alpha and/or numeric) and click GO
- Re-enter your password in the appropriate fields
- Hit ENTER or DISPLAY RECORD
If you have followed the instructions, your name and account information will display on the upper left corner of the screen. Below your personal information, you will have the option of…
- Changing your contact information
- Viewing items currently checked out on your card (if any) and requesting renewals of those items
- Viewing outstanding reserves (if any)
How to Reserve from Home
Most items in the catalog can be placed on reserve and picked up at a location of your choice. Follow these steps to get started:
- Visit our catalog and search for any item by author, title, subject or word.
- Once found, click on the item you wish to reserve
- Click on the Request It button
- Enter your BARCODE and PASSWORD
- Select your pickup location and click on Submit
- Requests may be filled with items from other libraries and may have different lending periods. Please take note of the due dates.
- New items, which may be on order, may not display in the catalog. Call the library or stop in to speak with us if an item you are looking for is brand new. You can also request an item be purchased for the Library Collection. Click here to request a purchase.
You may also request items from Nassau County by searching the LI Link Catalog. Click here to search in LI Link. Items may also be borrowed from outside of Long Island. Please contact the Reference Department at 631 288-3335 ext. 4 to request items not found in Suffolk or Nassau Counties.
If you have an email in your account, you will receive notifications for Hold pickups, Courtesy notices Overdue notices.
You can also sign up to receive SMS text message alerts to your cell phone for Hold pickups, Courtesy notices and Overdue notices. You must ‘Opt In’ to this service.
- Log into your Account and click on Change Your Contact Information
- Input a 10-digit cell phone number in the Text Alert box (format: xxx-xxx-xxxx)
- Select “Opt In” and “Update”
- You will receive a confirmation text message after opting in
- You will need to reply YES to this confirmation
- Standard message charges apply
- You can choose to opt out of the SMS Alert service at any time