Patrons creating their own passwords for library accounts are required to use a password that fits all of the following criteria:
- Passwords must be a minimum of eight (8) characters in length.
- Passwords must contain at least one number and one letter.
- Passwords must not contain common trivial patterns. For example:
- A character that is consecutively repeated three or more times (for example, aaaa, ababa, bbbb).
- A set of up to four characters is that is consecutively repeated two or more times (for example, abab, abcabc, abcdabcd).
- Special characters, such as punctuation, may not be used in passwords
Password requirements are checked at the time of new password creation. Passwords established by patrons before June 12, 2017 are not impacted and do not need to fill the new requirements. There is no need for patrons who already have passwords to establish new ones. However, patrons creating a password for the first time or who wish to reset their Passwords will need to choose a new password that meets the above criteria.
Be sure to contact the Library if you have any questions or problems setting your password.