The Friends of the Westhampton Free Library is an all-volunteer organization that provides support to the Library. The Friends of the Westhampton Free Library Award program has been created to assist the winner in realizing their educational dreams. The winner will receive $500 and the student may use these funds for their post-secondary education.
- The student must reside in one of the communities served by the Westhampton Free Library. These communities include: Westhampton Beach, Westhampton, East Moriches, Eastport, East Quogue, Manorville, Quiogue, Remsenburg and Speonk.
- The student must be graduating from a public or private secondary school in June.
- The student will be attending an accredited two or four year college/university.
- Complete the application form.
- Compose an essay answering the following question in a thoughtful way:
What is the role of the Westhampton Public Library in the community?
Essays should no longer than 500 words, typed and double-spaced.
- Summit the application form and essay to the committee at:
Friends of the Westhampton Free Library Award Committee
7 Library Avenue
Westhampton Beach, NY 11978
- Essays can be mailed or hand delivered to the library. The applications must be received by 9:00 pm on April 2.
All applications and essays will be evaluated by a selection committee. The committee will select a winner. The winner will be announced and the award presented at the student’s school on awards night unless other arrangements are made.