August 13, 2014 @ 9:30 am
Minutes of the August 13th, 2014 Meeting at 9:30am
BOARD MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE: Joan Levan, President; Karen Andrews, Vice-President; June Sellin, Secretary; Jennifer Mendelson, Treasurer; Maria Moore, Trustee.
ALSO IN ATTENDANCE: Danielle Waskiewicz, Director and Donna Leotta, Business Manager.
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE: Paul Rosenfeld
- Call to Order at 9:30am by President Levan.
- The Board heard the Public Expression.
- A motion to adjourn the regular meeting and proceed to Executive Session to discuss personnel was made at 10:10am by Levan and seconded by Moore. Approved.
- A motion to adjourn Executive Session and return to the regular meeting was made at 11:00am by Levan and seconded by Sellin. Approved.
At 11:00am, Andrews was excused from the remainder of the meeting.
- The minutes of the July 9th, 2014 Regular and Annual Board Meetings and the July 30th, 2014 Marketing Meeting were reviewed. A motion to approve these minutes was made by Moore and seconded by Sellin. Approved.
- The Treasurer’s Report was reviewed. A motion to approve the monthly bills was made by Sellin and seconded by Moore. Approved.
- The Board reviewed Income and Expenses Analysis reports for the month of July.
- The Reports were read with interest.
- At 11:15am, Mr. Al Coster of Baldessari & Coster LLP joined the meeting and explained why his firm would best suited to perform the 2013-14 Audit of the library.
- At 11:30am, Coster and Leotta were excused from the remainder of the meeting.
- A motion to approve the firm of Baldessari & Coster LLP to perform the general audit of our closing financial statements as of June 30, 2014 as recommended by the state on good accounting practice was made by Mendelson and seconded by Levan. Approved.
- OLD BUSINESS: No Old Business.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- A. The Board reviewed the new Customer Service Policy. A Motion to approve this policy was made by Sellin and seconded by Moore. Approved.
- B. The Board approved the attendance of six staff members to the NYLA Conference in Upstate NY from November 5th- 8th, 2014 at a cost not to exceed $8,000.00. The Motion to approve this was made by Levan and seconded by Moore. Approved.
- C. The Board approved the attendance of Nicole Turzillo to the Internet Librarian Conference in Monterey, CA from October 26th- 29th, 2014 at a cost not to exceed $2,000.00. The Motion to approve this was made by Sellin and seconded by Moore. Approved.
- A motion to adjourn the regular meeting was made at 11:38am by Levan and seconded by Moore. Approved.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 at 9:30am.